UM Upper Chesapeake Health
Physician Opportunities on Maryland's Upper Chesapeake Bay
Physicians enjoy unique opportunities for collaboration and involvement at University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health. A progressive, two-hospital health system located in one of Maryland's fastest-growing communities, our vision to "become the preferred, integrated health care system creating the healthiest community in Maryland" encourages clinical development and innovation. It's a vision that is strongly supported through:
- Strong Physician-centric leadership. You'll enjoy tremendous support from leadership at UM Upper Chesapeake Health. Our stable senior leadership team and noteworthy physician representation on our Board of Directors contribute to strong and collaborative relations with all of our medical staff.
- Commitment to Innovation. Our collegial environment encourages growth and exploration. Because our integrated health delivery system represents a broad range of clinical specialties, innovative technologies, and facilities, you'll find opportunities to work with residents and fellows across a number of highly-specialized fields. And, our affiliation with University of Maryland Medical System ensures you'll have unparalleled collaborative resources and mentoring opportunities.
- Continual Investment. With the influx of new families and businesses, our communities are growing at a robust rate. We are continually investing in capital improvements and programmatic developments that will help us provide the high-quality care that is our hallmark. It makes this is the ideal place to build a thriving practice.
Our location offers an exceptional quality of life
Our location in Harford County, on the northern shore of beautiful Chesapeake Bay, can offer you—and your family—an exceptional quality of life. With its gently rolling hills, farmland, and historical neighborhoods blending with new developments, this is a great community to work and raise a healthy family. And convenient access to I-95 makes our location commuter friendly; you can be just minutes from major metro areas including Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington D.C. Learn about life in Harford County.
UM Upper Chesapeake Health's specialty care services at UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air and UM Harford Memorial Hospital in Havre de Grace offer specialty care in over 30 clinical areas, including:
Oncology/Cancer Programs and Cancer LifeNet
Dresher Family Birthplace
Heart and Vascular Institute
Behavioral Health Services
Recent Clinical/Programmatic Developments
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Accreditation (AASM)
- American College of Pathologists Accreditation
- American College of Surgeons Accreditation - for Bariatric Surgery and Cancer Treatment Programs
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS) - Primary Stroke Center
- UM Upper Chesapeake Health is the only acute care hospital to receive the prestigious Maryland 2008 Gold Award by the State of Maryland's Performance Excellence Awards Program, which honors organizations that implement successful performance strategies and achieve excellent results.
- In October 2013, the 75,259 sq. ft. Patricia D. and M. Scot Kaufman Cancer Center opened on the Bel Air campus. The Center provides multidisciplinary care in which specialists in medical, surgical and radiation oncology meet with patients in a single visit. The most advanced cancer therapies, state-of-the-art technology, integrative therapies and enhanced supportive and navigational services are all located in one centralized location.
Awards and Accreditations
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Accreditation
- American College of Pathologists
- American College of Surgeons Accreditation for Bariatric Surgery
- American College of Surgeons Accreditation Commission on Cancer
- The Joint Commission
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS) Primary Stroke Center
- 2013 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- 2012 Maryland Hospital Association and the Delmarva Foundation of Maryland Certificate of Merit for Significant Contribution to Reducing Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections through the On the CUSP: Stop BSI Initiative
- The University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology at Upper Chesapeake Medial Center physicians received t NCQA Diabetes Recognition from t National Committee for Quality Assurance
- 2013 The Delmarva Foundation Excellence Award for Quality Improvement
- 2013 The Joint Commission's Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
- 2013 American Association of Critical-Care Nurses' Silver-Level Beacon Award for Excellence
- 2014 Maryland Patient Safety Center's Distinguished Achievement Award in Patient Safety Innovation