University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus
Since its founding more than 100 years ago as a teaching community hospital, the University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus — located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood — has provided access to a full range of medical and surgical care. UMMC Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep the West Baltimore community healthy.
In June 2013, UMMC Midtown Campus became a second location of the University of Maryland Medical Center — the flagship of the University of Maryland Medical System — to offer a greater number of on-site services in more than 30 medical specialties, including:
To learn more about our services and centers of excellence, visit ummidtown.org.
Reasons to Choose UMMC Midtown Campus
Here are just a few of the many reasons to choose the University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus:
- The leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in the United States, The Joint Commission named UMMC Midtown Campus a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures including treating heart failure and pneumonia and for surgical care.
- The Delmarva Foundation Excellence Award for Quality Improvement from the Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care, honored UMMC Midtown Campus for excellence in patient safety and quality improvement three years in a row. To qualify, a hospital must meet specific performance improvement criteria on 18 measures in four inpatient clinical areas: acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart failure, surgical care improvement and pneumonia. The foundation is the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization for Maryland.
- UMMC Midtown Campus earned the Midas+ Platinum Quality Award for quality excellence related to resource utilization efficiency and clinical efficacy. UMMC Midtown Campus scored above the 95th percentile nationwide.
- UMMC Midtown Campus was named a 2014-2015 Best Regional Hospital in Baltimore by U.S. News & World Report. This designation recognizes stand out medical centers in the largest US metropolitan areas. UMMC Midtown Campus was especially recognized for its high-performing care in Diabetes & Endocrinology, Geriatrics, Nephrology, Pulmonology and Urology.
- The University of Maryland ALS Center at UMMC Midtown Campus is a Certified Treatment Center of Excellence as designated by the ALS Association. The UM ALS Center at UMMC Midtown Campus is the only center in Maryland with this designation.
- The UMMC Midtown Campus stroke program received the Gold-level Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association “Get with the Guidelines Program.”
- The Intensive Care Unit was recognized by the Maryland Hospital Association for having zero central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI) and zero catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI).
- UM Pediatrics at Midtown has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level-3 Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), a health care setting that facilitates partnerships between individual patients, their personal physicians and – when appropriate – the patient’s family.
- UMMC Midtown Campus’ Vascular Center has a fully accredited vascular lab as granted by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC). The IAC only grants accreditation to those facilities that the commission finds to be providing high-quality patient care, in compliance with national standards through a comprehensive application process, including a detailed case study review. UMMC Midtown Campus is one of only 15% of accredited vascular labs in the United States who have received this recognition in all four testing areas.
- The Sleep Disorders Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
- The Division of Cardiology at UMMC Midtown Campus has received accreditation for its Echo Lab by the The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
- The Press Ganey granted UMMC Midtown Campus its Top Improver Award for continuous improvement of clinical measures performance in patient safety and quality of care.
- The Maryland Hospital Association (MHA) has ranked UMMC Midtown Campus among the best at keeping catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI) occurrences to a minimum.
Working at UMMC Midtown Campus
University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus has been helping the people of West Baltimore fight illness, get healthier and take charge of their health since we were founded in 1881.
Click here to view current job openings.
This page was last updated: May 13, 2015