UM Charles Regional Medical Center
Physician Employment Opportunities in Southern Maryland
Continued expansion, major investment in new technology, and a deeply rooted commitment to exceptional care make UM Charles Regional Medical Center the community healthcare provider of choice to the people of southern Maryland—and the employer of choice for discerning physicians. Join us at UM Charles Regional Medical Center, and you can expect:
- A vibrant community with a rich heritage.
Our location in the heart of the D.C-Baltimore-Richmond corridor can offer you—and your family—the best of all worlds. One of the fastest-growing counties in Maryland, Charles County is a charming community steeped in culture and history. And UM Charles Regional Medical Center has been in the heart of it all. In fact, generations of families have been born here, and continue to trust us for their medical care. A convenient commute to the metro D.C. area...the history of a "true" community hospital...and the ideal place to live, work and raise a family—combine to make life in Charles County truly satisfying.
- A variety of practice options.
With a flagship 115 bed hospital in La Plata, Surgical Care offices in Waldorf and La Plata and a OB/GYN office in La Plata, UM Charles Regional offers a variety of career choices for physicians.
- Community involvement.
A tight-knit and supportive group of medical practitioners, UM Charles Regional Medical Center physicians serve on many community boards and organizations including Hospice of Charles County, Partnerships for a Healthier Charles County, American Cancer Society, and many more.
- Unprecedented growth and expansion.
In 2008, UM Charles Regional Medical Center completed expansion of the medical center, doubling the size of the facility and vastly increasing services and capacity.
UM Charles Regional Medical Center's growing specialty care services offer dynamic career opportunities for physicians in many clinical areas, including:
- In 2008, UM Charles Regional Medical Center completed the largest expansion in the center's history—an $82 million dollar project that includes a new patient tower with 60 private rooms; an Emergency Department that doubled in size, adding 29 private treatment rooms; and four new operating rooms with two minor procedure rooms.
- UM Charles Regional Medical Center welcomed the addition of a number of technical enhancements including the new Fuji picture archiving and communications system (PACS), a state-of-the-art 64-slice CT scanner, and physicians' remote access to medical records.
Recent Clinical/Programmatic Developments
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS) - Primary Stroke Center designation
- Community Cancer Program accredited by the American College of Surgeons
- Laboratory fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Banks
- Mammography accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
Awards for Quality Care and Workplace Excellence
In the past year, UM CRMC has received:
2014 Minogue Award for Patient Safety Innovation for its winning submission, “Improving Sepsis Outcomes Through Coordinated Early Recognition, Assessment and Treatment.” The award is the highest given by the Maryland Patient Safety Center.
2013 & 2014 Delmarva Foundation Excellence Award for Quality Improvement for hospitals that excel in patient safety and quality improvement.
Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission for the second consecutive year, for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
American Heart Association/American Stroke Association awards Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award and Target: Stroke Honor Roll for implementing quality improvement measures to reduce death and disability for stroke patients.
Workplace Excellence and the Health & Wellness Seal of Approval awards from the Alliance for Workplace Excellence for outstanding commitment to overall workplace quality and to employee health and wellness, received for the eleventh consecutive year.