Situated between Baltimore and Philadelphia, Harford County in northeastern Maryland combines smart development with acres of natural farmland, rolling hills and historic neighborhoods, making it the kind of community where people want to live, work and raise their families.
Living in Harford County
- Harford County now ranks as one of the fastest-growing communities in Maryland. Its population has increased almost 20% over the past decade, and is projected to grow to over 276,500 by 2020.
- Harford County is one of the most affluent communities in the United States, with a median household income 26% higher than the national average, according to the Census Bureau's 2006 American Community Survey.
- Its location on the I-95 corridor in northeastern Maryland has made Harford County an extremely desirable location for both residents and businesses; easy access to larger metropolitan areas including Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York via Amtrak and commuter trains is readily available.
- Harford County boasts strong parks and recreation programs, innovative schools, safe neighborhoods, diverse leisure activities and dining options—all which make it a great place to live and raise a family.
Learning in Harford County
- Harford County Public School System is one of the fastest-growing in the state, with the seventh largest enrollment in Maryland and a 33% increase in student population in the past 15 years. Harford County students consistently score above state and national averages in standardized tests.
- There are 13 private and academic schools in Harford County, serving pre-K to secondary education students.
- Harford County boasts a highly educated population, with more than 90% of students continuing their education beyond high school.
Working in Harford County
- Because of its strategic location in the heart of the East Coast and Mid-Atlantic U.S. markets, Harford County is known for its progressive, business-friendly environment. It is home to a variety of companies and industry sectors including large government contractors, technology firms, retailers, wholesale distributors and medical institutions.
Relaxing in Harford County
- Harford County is a vibrant community offering a wealth of advantages. From historic landmarks and attractions to a variety of upscale dining and shopping venues, there is something for everyone to love!
- The diverse landscape in Harford County offers plenty of outdoor adventure from boating on the Chesapeake Bay, hiking through Rocks State Park and biking the trails of Susquehanna State Park, to riding thoroughbred horses through beautiful hunt country and golfing on some of the finest courses in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Bring your career to a UMMS facility in the Harford County area.
Other Useful Links